Tuesday 26 October 2010

The Green Fairy Book


I've been thinking about re-covering a book lately - I'm reading Lieutenant Hornblower at the moment and the cover is hideous.


At home I have a possible first eddition of Andrew Lang's Blue Fairy Book. So when I saw this one in Oxfam today, I really wanted to cover it to make it that bit more special. I actually really like the cover on the original paperback:








The book, re-covered with a hard-back cover, burgandy ribbon and end papers, red headers.


I do want to incorporate a title onto the cover and spine, but I have no idea where I would start. I would want to somehow include the illustration from the paperback.








In the end I decided to use the paper I already had to finish the other notebook - here it is!


1 comment:

  1. oh lucy, these are so good! i feel i will be hitting you up for tips pretty soon ;)

    ReplyDelete