Thursday 6 January 2011

A book a week?!

I don’t particularly have any New Years resolutions – instead, I reflected on what was crap about 2010, mainly me being horrifically lazy and not taking opportunities when they were laid before me on a silver platter, and so deciding that I wouldn’t repeat that again in 2011. This is set to be a busy year, if I put my mind to it. But if I had one New Years resolution it is this: to read one book a week. I have designated shelf-space with ‘to read’ books on it and currently I have 28 books on it, not to mention all the books in Bath I’ve been picking up, and all those crumbly books I’ve been drooling over on here. A book a week. That is what is expected of me at least! Especially if I want to re-read my favourite series this summer, including Temeraire, Twilight, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. I usually make a point of reading all of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings but alas that didn’t happen in 2010. Here’s to 2011, a year of books!

This Christmas holiday I’ve been a tad lazy. I told myself I should read at least three books. Well, actually I did finish three books, but since two of them have been on the go since September, it doesn’t really count. I will review two of those books in the next couple of posts.

p.s. I'm also aiming to write a blog entry a week, so if I stick to this book-a-week idea I should have endless amounts of material to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment